Our CSV and Excel file guide - importing prospects
If you wish to upload the database from a file, you can do it using a .csv, .xls or .xlsx extension.
IN THIS ARTICLE
CSV stands for Comma-separated value. CSV file format uses a comma as a field separator and a new line as a new data record. Woodpecker uses CSV files to import and export the data. You can export your sheet to a CSV file from any web or desktop sheet editor.
How to create CSV or Excel (XLSX, XLS) file?
1. Prepare your spreadsheet
You can use Google Sheets, Excel or Libre Office, for example. Woodpecker considers an email address as a unique contact ID, please include a single email address per row and one data entry per cell. Here are some of Woodpecker fields which you can find in the App: First Name, Country, City, Phone, Company, Email (required), Title, Last Name, Website, and snippets.
2. Download your sheet as CSV, XLSX or XLS file
In Google Sheets, click File → Download as → Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) or Comma-separated values.
An example of the exported CSV file:
How to import a file to Woodpecker
1. Open your campaign, click "Add prospects" → "Import".
When your CSV, XLS or XLSX file is ready, you can import it to Woodpecker. You can add your contacts to the Prospects database or straight to your campaign. When adding prospects to the campaign, don't switch to the Prospects database!
If you're editing a campaign, scroll down to the PROSPECTS.
- Click to expand the section.
- Click 'Add prospects' → and select 'Import'.
2. Next, click "BROWSE", select your file and hit the button "UPLOAD AND IMPORT".
3. Map Woodpecker fields to those in your spreadsheet.
- Any unmapped fields won't be imported.
- If the first row contains column headers, check “Ignore the first row when importing”, right below.
- When this is done, don't forget to click “IMPORT”.
4. Click 'ADD' to finish importing your file.
Check our help Adding prospects to Woodpecker to learn more.
You're receiving an error while trying to import your prospects to Woodpecker.
Download the error file and check it. There you will see the fields which couldn't be mapped correctly. Make sure you don't include the column "STATUS" with values like "Verified" or "Non-verified". As a status, you can use only statuses available in Woodpecker. Learn more about our statuses »
Sometimes you may want to add already existing prospects to a new campaign. Here's the detailed instruction on how to add duplicates.
Prospect list takes a long time to load.
Clean your browser history and cache. You can also switch to Mozilla Firefox, as it proved to work better with Woodpecker.