How to include the opt out (unsubscribe) option in my campaign?
Firstly, we would like to encourage you to read our blog post on the topic, if you have not done so already. On our blog you'll find the information about the new GDPR compliant features: GDPR encryption and unsubscribe link. Here's our help article tackling this issue.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Here's a short video showing how to add and style the 'unsubscribe' link:
To make sure the unsubscribe feature will work as intended always use the snippet 'Unsubscribe' to add the 'unsubscribe' link (in every email in the sequence).
Simply copying the link from the content of other emails in your campaign (even if it is a previous email in the sequence) will not work, and the prospect will not be able to unsubscribe properly.
How to include the 'unsubscribe' link in your messages?
1. In the campaign view, go to the "Edit" mode.
2. Click "more" to expand the selection of snippets.
3. Select UNSUBSCRIBE.
4. The 'unsubscribe' link is added to the place where the cursor is in the moment.
Q: How can I add the GDPR compliant unsubscribe?
Add your link and tick the box 'GDPR compliant unsubscribe'. You'll find it below the Delivery time.
Q: Can I change the text of the unsubscribe link?
A: Sure, you can! You might want the unsubscribe link to be called something else than 'unsubscribe', for example, 'I am not interested'. On default, we put the 'unsubscribe' text in the content.
- Click <\> icon to change Text to HTML view.
- Remove the 'unsubscribe' part and change to your own text, for example, 'I'm not interested'.
- Switch back to the Text view.
Of course the 'unsubscribe' custom field in Woodpecker can be put in any place just like any other custom field. Moreover, you can change the type and size of the font you use. If you combine it with normal text to get something like this:
Q: How to change the text color?
- Go to the HTML view.
- Replace "#e6e6e6" part with a different Color Name, for example, green or orange, or Hex Color Code, for example, #FFC300. Search your browser for HTML Color Picker to pick the color.
How does it work?
Last but not least - what is the mechanism behind the "unsubscribe" link? It is simple - if a prospect clicks the link, the prospect's status is changed to OPT-OUT. Besides, the #UNSUBSCRIBED tag is added. Please remember that the status OPT-OUT can only be changed back manually i.e. by going to prospect list and changing it to, for example, ACTIVE.