How to set up snippet-based condition
Snippets are our custom fields, which you can use to create a more personalized message for your prospect. Now you can base your condition on them and boost your deliverability by creating more custom emails.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How it works
Snippet-based condition lets you create more personalized emails, as you can split your prospects between two paths, based on certain information about them. You can base this condition on all of our snippets (except the ‘Timezone’ one) so feel free to discover all the possibilities.
There are 3 snippets-based conditions to choose from:
- If a prospect has a snippet X that equals your variable - you can specify a value in a custom field that when matched exactly with your variable, will move the prospect to path YES.
- If a prospect has a snippet X that contains your variable - you can specify a value in a custom filed that, when partly matched with your variable, will move the prospect to path YES.
- If a prospect has a snippet X that is not empty - you can create different emails for prospects that have some data in custom filed, as those will go to path YES. Otherwise, instead of being marked as ‘Paused (missing snippet)’, the rest of them will be transferred to path NO where you can create an email copy for them without this snippet.
Why do you want to set it up?
- gain more control over your campaign strategy,
- send follow-ups triggered by the action your prospect takes,
- add more personalization to your email sequence,
- avoid spam filters and get a deliverability boost,
- observe higher engagement rates.
How to set it up
1. Create your if-campaign and add some steps to it.
2. Click on ‘ ADD CONDITION’ and select one of three options:
- has snippet X that equals or
- has snippet X that contains or
- has snippet X that is not empty.
Remember that you can add a maximum of one condition to your campaign sequence.
3. Finish off by adding content to the emails in the YES and NO Paths. Then, import some prospects and send your campaign.
How to remove the condition
In order to remove the condition from your campaign sequence just hover over the condition so the red X appears. Click it and then confirm with the red button "Yes, I'm sure".
Note that you can not delete the condition if even one prospect already met it.
We’re also planning on releasing an update to this feature which will allow you to start your campaign with a snippet-based condition for more personalized content. For updates and info on future releases keep an eye on our Roadmap »
Still now sure how to use snippet-based condition?
Check our Woodpecker Vlog where Vovik shows his trick with using #IMPORTANT tag and snippet-based condition to create more follow-ups with more personalization in order to reach out to prospects with a higher possibility of creating a deal or those more valuable for our business.