How to use the Woodpecker for WordPress plugin?
Our Woodpecker for WordPress plugin allows you to integrate your Woodpecker account with your WordPress website. Use it to send the contact information of the prospects who filled out the form placed on your website directly into your Woodpecker campaign.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How it works
Install the Woodpecker for WordPress plugin that allows you to transfer your contacts’ information straight to Woodpecker. Use shortcodes available in the plugin to create forms that you can place on your Wordpress subpages.
- Whenever your prospects fill in the form on your WordPress page, their data will be sent to Woodpecker's main Prospects list or directly to the campaign of your choice. Also, we will mark those prospects with the tag #WORDPRESS, so you can easily find them among other of your contacts in the Woodpecker Prospects database.
To use Woodpecker for Wordpress plugin you need to have an active Woodpecker account on the Team Pro plan or be an Agency user. Learn how to upgrade your plan.
How to set it up
Setting up your Woodpecker for WordPress plugin consists of 3 steps:
- Downloading and installing the plugin.
- Creating your form using Woodpecker shortcodes.
- Finalizing the setup.
Step #1 Installation
- Download Woodpecker for Wordpress from the WordPress plugin repository or add it from the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. When looking for the plugin, search for “Woodpecker for WordPress”.
- Install and activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Open the plugin 'Settings' → 'Synchronization' and paste your Woodpecker API key. Remember to save changes!
Okay, you’re all set! Move on to the ‘Shortcodes’ tab.
Step #2 Creating the form
To create your form you need to copy a shortcode from the Shortcodes tab and paste it in the Pages settings. The form will appear on the subpage of your choice.
1. Open the 'Shortcodes' tab and copy the shortcode.
Shortcodes allow you to send prospect’s data to chosen Woodpecker destination. You can place multiple forms on your website and use one shortcode per each form.
Shortcode for main prospects list
Use this shortcode to send your prospects' data from WordPress into Woodpecker's main Prospects list.
Shortcodes for campaigns
Copy the shortcode connected to a specific campaign to send data directly there.
Here, you can also check the status of your campaign, the email address you use to send it from, and a shortcode assigned to it.
2. Open your Pages settings and paste the shortcode.
Your form will appear on the subpage of your choice. You can place multiple forms on your website and use one shortcode per each form.
Here's the form example that will appear on your website:
The way your form looks depends on your Wordpress template. Go to ' Settings' → 'Form styling' to edit the look of your form.
What happens next?
Each prospect who fills in the form will appear in the Woodpecker Prospects database with the tag #WORDPRESS assigned to it.
Step #3 Finalizing the setup in Settings
Create notification messages for the prospects who fill in your form.
- Success message – informs the data has been transferred to Woodpecker successfully.
- Error message – lets your prospect know that something went wrong.
- Email already exists message – shows the information about a duplicate email address.
How to modify your form in WordPress
You can change the look of your form and its setting by going to the ‘ Forms’ tab. On the right, you’ll see the preview of your form and on the left three different tabs to change it: Fields, Fields Settings, and Style.
In this tab, you’ll see fields that you can add to your form. They reflect snippets from our email editor so data put by your contact into those by default will transfer to a suitable snippet in Woodpecker.
You can change the mapping between fields and snippets as well as their labels in Fields Settings.
To change settings of a certain field simply click on it and then you can modify its mapping to Woodpecker, Label, and Validation message. You’ll as well find there a checkbox to mark if a certain field is required or can be left empty.
You can also change the order of the fields by simply dragging and dropping them.
To delete a certain field simply click on a red link ‘ Delete this field’.
This tab allows you to adjust the appearance of your form. You can change the button label which by default is set to ‘Send’, as well as decide if you want to customize its colors.
By default, your WordPress form will adjust its look to your installed theme.
If you decide to do so you can change the colors of the font, button and its color while the contact is hovering over it.