How to use the Woodpecker Chrome Extension
How it works
Our Plugin for Chrome will let you keep track of your replies and see which messages have been opened by your prospects.
If you want to upgrade, contact email@example.com Also, to make sure the Plugin works properly, you need to have it connected to the Woodpecker account and Gmail account you're using to send your campaigns (a "Send from" address in your campaigns.)
1. Download the Plugin from the Chrome Web Store by clicking here. Install it.
2. Once the installation is done, you'll see the Plugin on your Gmail account.
3. Next, Generate the API key and insert it into the field "Type in API key..." (1.)
4. Log in.
5. Once you've connected the Plugin, it will start fetching your new replies and opens from the running campaigns.
Give Woodpecker some time to collect the opens and replies.
6. When you open a new reply from your prospect, you'll see a notification. There you'll find information about:
- the name of the campaign your prospect replied to,
- the status of that campaign,
- how many messages you've sent to that prospect,
- how many times your prospect has opened your emails,
- how many replies you've received.
7. Now you can mark your prospect's interest level in your mailbox. Click one of the 3 smiles to mark your prospect as:
- maybe later
- not interested
Q: I logged in and I can’t see any previous replies nor opened messages. Why?
A: Plugin won’t fetch any replies which you had already received. You’ll see only the ones which will land in your inbox after installing and connecting the Plugin.
Q: I can see new replies in my inbox but the Plugin does not show them and/or it takes some time for messages to appear.
A: Do you remember our 20-minute rule? The same applies to our Plugin. It may take a while until Woodpecker recognizes your replies. Give Woodpecker some time to collect the opens and replies.
Q: Can't see any notifications in the plugin?
A: Make sure you're using the right Gmail account. The plugin will show you notifications only on the Gmail account connected to Woodpecker and used as a "Send from" address in your campaigns.
Q: Can I install the Woodpecker Plugin in other browsers, e.g. Safari/Mozilla/Opera….?
A: No, our Plugin is available only on Chrome.
Q. Why I cannot find your plugin in other stores?
A: Our Plugin is available only on the Chrome Web Store. Please install the Chrome browser to be able to use our new feature.
Q: I followed your instructions but Gmail shows me the Plugin as if I didn’t log in before.
A: That’s probably because you’ve switched your Gmail accounts. You’re able to see your replies/opens only when logged in to the Gmail account connected to your Woodpecker account which you use to send your campaigns.
Q: Can I hide the Plugin tab?
A: Yes, you can! Just click on the Woodpecker icon which you'll find either above the plugin or on the right-hand side of it.
Q: After I clicked on the notification, it still remains in bold.
A: Yes, indeed! We're working on changing it.
A: How can I see which notification I've already clicked on?
Q: We're working on it.
Have any comments or suggestions? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!