What is a condition?
A condition defines the action your prospect takes, which triggers the next email from your sequence to be sent. That is if your prospect does A → Path YES starts. If a prospect doesn't do A, as expected → Path NO begins.
IN THIS ARTICLE
There are 2 types of conditions to choose from:
- If a prospect has opened an email more than X times — specify how many times (X) you want a prospect to open your email for a condition to be met. X stands for the number and it can be changed.
- If a prospect has opened an email — it's enough that a prospect opened your email at least once for a condition to be met.
- If a prospect has clicked on a link more than X times — add a tracking link in the previous mail and specify how many times (X) you want a prospect to click on a link in your email for a condition to be met.
X stands for the number and it can be changed.
- If a prospect has clicked on a link — a condition is met when your prospect clicks the link in your email at least once.
How to use conditions?
- Click "ADD CONDITION",
- Select 1 of 4 conditions, based either on opens or clicks.
If you forget about something, Woodpecker will notify you about it. Here are the reminders you can find in the App:
- Turn on open tracking in the previous email
- How many times should prospect open the email before going down the YES path?
- Add tracking link to the previous email
- How many times should prospect click the link before going down the YES path?
How many conditions can I add?
You can add maximum one condition at any point to the whole email sequence.
How to remove conditions?
Hover over the condition so the red X appears. Click it and then confirm with the red button "Yes, I'm sure".
What will happen to the emails in the sequence?
Removing the condition will delete all emails from Path NO.
When is removing conditions disabled?
You can't remove the condition when at least one of your prospects has already met the condition.