I can't connect my mailbox
When connecting your mailbox to Woodpecker you may face some issues sometimes. We noticed that they are usually caused by the difficulties with:
- SMTP, a protocol which is being used to send your messages
- IMAP, a protocol responsible for fetching your replies
- Data provided
If you'd like to learn more about IMAP&SMTP, click here.
Here's what to do to fix it:
Is your mailbox brand new perhaps? If yes, please send manually a couple of messages (around 5) from it manually to your friends or colleagues, and ask them to reply. This process establishes a connection between your hosting server and servers of other email providers.
- Please check if your mailbox has IMAP enabled. If not, please switch it on. If you have a Gmail account, here's how to do this.
- Is there any forwarding enabled on the email account? If yes, switch it off. Here's why.
- Is there any labelling/redirecting to a different folder on? This also has to be switched off.
- In case there's 2-step verification enabled on your mailbox, please disable it for the time of connecting the mailbox.
- Does our message land in the SPAM or junk folder? If yes, please move it to Inbox.
3. Data provided
- Please make sure your login & password are correct.
- Besides, double check the provided IMAP and SMTP server data. Try adding ports. Not working? Try adding port 993.