I can't connect my mailbox
When connecting your mailbox to Woodpecker you may face some issues sometimes. We noticed that they are usually caused by the difficulties with:
- SMTP (outgoing server) a protocol which is being used to send your messages
- IMAP (incoming server) a protocol responsible for fetching your replies
- Data provided, your credentials
If you'd like to learn more about IMAP&SMTP, click here.
Here's what to do to fix it:
Is your mailbox brand new perhaps? If yes, please send a couple of messages (around 5) manually to your friends or colleagues, and ask them to reply. This process establishes a connection between your hosting server and the servers of other email providers.
- Please check if your mailbox has IMAP enabled. If not, please switch it on. If you have a Gmail account, here's how to do this.
- Is there any forwarding enabled on the email account? If yes, switch it off. Here's why.
- Is there any labelling/redirecting to a different folder on? This also has to be switched off.
- In case there's 2-step verification enabled on your mailbox, please disable it for the time of connecting the mailbox.
- Does our message land in the SPAM or junk folder? If yes, please move it to Inbox.
- In case you're an Agency owner, have a look at your client's SPAM folder as your email may have landed there. Move it to the Inbox. You can also add your domain to the safe contacts.
3. Data provided
- Please make sure your login & password are correct.
- Besides, double-check the provided IMAP and SMTP server data. Try adding ports. Not working? For IMAP try adding port 993.
You've gone through all the options and still struggling? Other reasons might be:
- Your mailbox hasn't been configured and authenticated properly. For Microsoft accounts, check their help page here.
- Your mailbox has been already connected.
- The main mailbox on Agency account has been disconnected. Go to Settings → Email accounts and reconnect your mailbox.
- Alias which you're trying to add hasn't been configured correctly.